- 1.2 Information provided under the website or sites: Occasionally, we may use certain information that we have collected to send You information about programs or services offered by Sigmoidstar, its partners, authorized representatives.
- 2. If you are providing PERSONAL INFORMATION and are not a resident of India, your country's laws governing information collection and may use differ from those in India, in particular, India may not provide the same level of protection as those in your own country. By providing information to Sigmoidstar, you are transferring your personal information (including PERSONAL INFORMATION) to India, and you consent to the transfer to, retention of and processing of your information in India.
- 2.1 You agree and confirm that Sigmoidstar may collect, store, process, disclose and transfer the collected about you to any of its affiliates, agents or third party service providers in connection with the products and services or courses you have sought from, or to provide better services to you or to ensure compliance with a legal or contractual obligations of Sigmoidstar. The purpose for which Sigmoidstar would collect and use your information, includes instances set out in clause 3.2 below. The types of third parties (whether in India or abroad) that your information could be disclosed to, includes the types of third parties mentioned in clause 5 below. You confirm that the so far collected, stored, processed, disclosed and transferred by Sigmoidstar in the course of your engagement for the above purposes shall continue to be used by Sigmoidstar strictly in accordance with the applicable laws.
- 2.2 Personal Information (the "PERSONAL INFORMATION") for the purposes of this Policy, refers to any information that relates to a natural person which either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person such as name or address and to be read with the relevant internal policies including that of its associates and subsidiaries or group companies of Sigmoidstar.
(ii) Financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
(iii) Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
(iv) Sexual orientation;
(v) Biometric information;
(vi) Any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to us for providing services; and
(vii) Any of the information received under any of the above clauses by us for
- 2.3 Provided that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as Sensitive Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy.
- 3. Purpose of collection and use of personal information
- 3.1 Sigmoidstar will ordinarily collect PERSONAL INFORMATION (including email addresses, phone numbers, business and home address, as well as demographic information such as courses or areas of study in which you may be interested) or that it believes is necessary for any purpose connected with a function or activity necessary to deliver, promote or market services or to carry out primary business functions and/or activities, comply with applicable regulations or in capacity as an employee or a counterparty to agreement with individuals. Ordinarily, Sigmoidstar will collect such PERSONAL INFORMATION about You when You provide it or You have consented to provide the information or where it is required by law, as applicants, through online registration forms, as well as offline, through assessment, events, survey respondents. To the extent that information requested is not required for your participation in a given Sigmoidstar program / course, you will be told which information is optional. Should you fail to provide optional information certain Sigmoidstar programs or features of the site may not be available to you.
- 3.2 In general, we would be collecting / handling/ storing /using or transferring your information for the following, including but not limited to:
- 3.2.1 complying with legislative and regulatory requirements
- 3.2.2 providing agreed services to You;
- 3.2.3 performing administrative functions;
- 3.3 The collected information from You may be collected and/or retained either directly by Sigmoidstar or through or with an affiliate or third party.
Sigmoidstar, its affiliates and third parties it shares with, will retain the information for a reasonable period for the purposes for which such information has been collected and as may be lawfully used or is otherwise required under any law for the time being in force.
The collected information shall be used for the purpose for which it has been collected.
We may also use your PERSONAL INFORMATION to tailor your experiences at our sites, to comply and display content and information that we think you might be interested in, and to provide you with content according to such preferences.
- 4. About third parties
- While providing of another natural person (particulars of spouse, children or parents) to Sigmoidstar, please ensure that you have the necessary concurrence of that natural person.
5. Disclosure of Sensitive PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 5.1 In general, Sigmoidstar will not use or disclose information collected about You to a third party otherwise than for the purposes set out in this Policy, unless the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation or where it is agreed to in the contract with you or as consented by you and supported by a valid non-disclosure contract or provisions in the legal contract.
- 5.2 Provided that such information shall be shared with your consent, with government agencies mandated under law to obtain information including for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences or any law enforcing authorities
- 5.3 You authorize Sigmoidstar to disclose necessary information to certain employees, consultants, employees or consultants, or Sigmoidstar affiliates, agents or third party service providers within India or outside India who provide services to Sigmoidstar in connection with the education services you have sought from, or, your employment with, Sigmoidstar, on a need-to-know basis. These parties shall use your information only for the specific purpose for which Sigmoidstar supplies the information to them and from disclosing it further. Sigmoidstar may share personal information with third parties for legitimate business purposes, including for the following reasons or in the following circumstances:
- To vendors or third-parties who deliver or provide goods and services or otherwise act on behalf of or at the direction of Sigmoidstar, which third parties include, for example training providers and partners, third party event hosting sites, other third parties who may provide services on web sites that are accessible from links on one of the website and credit card companies processing payment; To Sigmoidstar employees, officers and directors;
- To Sigmoidstar partners, program coordinators;
- If you are attending an event as attendee or speaker, certain of your information will be included in the event calendar which may be publicly disclosed, and may also be shared with third party event sponsors and exhibitors;
- If you use any our career center services, your information may be accessible to potential employer or recruiters; To those who wish to determine if you are certified, your certification status will be shared with those who inquire;
- To those who wish to determine if you are certified, your certification status will be shared with those who inquire;
- 5.4 Subject to what is permitted by law, the types of third parties (whether in India or overseas) your could be disclosed to may include:
- 5.4.1 agents, contractors, service providers, insurers and external advisers engaged by Sigmoidstar from time to time to carry out, provide services or advise on the functions and activities;
- 5.4.2 other related bodies corporate /affiliates of Sigmoidstar;
- 5.4.3 any person or organization who introduces you to Sigmoidstar;
- 5.4.4 regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- 5.4.5 any person or organization who Sigmoidstar deems necessary for carrying out the instructions you give to Sigmoidstar; and
- 5.4.6 any prospective transferee in a scheme of arrangement, amalgamation, merger or sale of shares or sale of business relating to the whole or part of Sigmoidstar.
- 6. Transfer of Sensitive Personal Information
- Sigmoidstar may transfer your to any person or entity, whether in India or located in any other country, that ensures a similar level of data protection as Sigmoidstar employs when it is necessary for the performance of a lawful contract with you or where you have consented to such transfer.
- 7. Access to your Sensitive Personal Information
- You may review and correct or revise the you have provided to us for the purpose of ensuring the said information is accurate. Sigmoidstar shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the information you have supplied to it or to any person acting on its behalf
- 8. Information Security Standard for at SIGMOIDSTAR Sigmoidstar operates in an environment that is similar to the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 Security Standards for ensuring that the it holds is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Sigmoidstar may use Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") or Transport Layer Security ("TLS") encryption technology to enhance data privacy and help prevent loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under Sigmoidstar control.
Sigmoidstar cannot guarantee, however that your information will remain secure. The internet by its nature is a public forum, and Sigmoidstar encourages you to use caution when disclosing information online. Often, you are in the best situation to protect yourself online. You are responsible for protecting your username and password from third party access, and for selecting passwords that are secure.